Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunglasses and City Plus






























It is hard to believe we are down to our last week of this trip. We spoke to Collin tonight. He sounded happy to have Aunt Jen, Uncle John, Grandpa, Zachary and the cousins, Evan and Aidan in town to play with. No crying today! It sounds like he is having fun playing putt-putt and going to the zoo. I just can't wait to hug him!

We had a fun day with Danny too. We stayed at the baby house this morning and took a walk with the group. Danny kept stealing my sunglasses and putting them on everything, the stuffed rabbit, the trees, his belly. Then he would hide them behind his back and say "where are the glasses?" in kazakh. He would crack up when I pretended to look for them everywhere until he pulled them out and waved them in the air. This afternoon it was very hot so we went back to the City Plus arcade area (air conditioning-never thought I would appreciate it so much). He got brave enough to ride the large carousel horses and even drove the bumper car himself (with some steering by Ed). He is really starting to understand some of our English and tries so hard to talk to us. It's late, will sign off with some pics. Jacqueline

3 comments:

Henry's mom said...

Hi,

Wow, it is hard to believe it is already your last week in Kaz. Boy, did that go fast, at least it did on my end. It looks like you guys have had a blast getting to know Danny and he seems so happy and comfortable too.

It is great he got brave enough to go on the ride, good for him.

I am loving seeing all the other babies/toddlers too, so cute. Thanks for all the great updates and photos.

Best,
Carolyn

Becki Stone said...

I love how excited Danny is in the one picture! You can just see excitement jumping off of him! I of course love the picture of the babies too!
I'm glad all is well :)
Hugs!

Julie said...

Are those babies twins? I love them.
Danny looks so cute with the glasses on. He is so much fun! All of your pictures are great. I keep thinking how hard it will be for me to leave my 4year old. It helps to see you've almost made it through the long stay.
Julie