Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sunny Saturday






























It is hard to remember that it is the weekend. Our routine is pretty much the same daily. We get up by alarm to make coffee and call Collin before he heads out for the day. We also chatted online with Jennifer and Collin this morning. That was a little more successful as he was being very silly and just making bird noises on the phone. I think that bird noises mean he is happy, instead of saying Mommy come home now! over and over. I can hardly type that without crying!

On a happy note, Danny seems to be understanding the routine too and is not trying to stay away from his group so much. He didn't cry too much when it was time to go back for lunch today. We took a walk with all of the kids and then played on the playground. We met 2 families adopting infants in the courtyard today, both from Kazakhstan, one from Almaty. Very cute babies. It is nice to see new families being made.

Ed played guitar with a man from Kazakhstan last night. I think he had a great time. He likes to make friends wherever we go. I have enjoyed a little down time to read. I think that I have read more this week than in the past 2 years! More pics from the last 2 days to follow. Jacqueline

3 comments:

Robert Gray said...

Jac and Ed- God bless you both so very, very well. Love Bro. Bob

April said...

Dearest Sister,

I am obsessed with checking this blog on a daily basis. It is amazing to finally see pictures of you with the little "donut" after all this time. It is surreal. I love it! We are going out to see the Collinator at some point today when Jordan gets home. I have had some sort of stomach flu and did not want to make him sick, especially while you are away. Liam slept 7 hours last night so I am starting to feel semi-human again. We love you and miss you! Can't wait to meet our new nephew/cousin.

April, Matt, Jordan, & Liam :)

Henry's mom said...

Hello,

Danny is adorable and looks so happy to be spending time with his new parents. It is wonderful you are getting to spend so much time with him. Tadly is great that way in that they let you really be part of the children's lives during your bonding period. I think it will help make the transition to home so much easier.

I think you said Danny is 3.5, is that right? He looks the same height as my Henry but a little rounder. Henry just turned 2.5 and is 34 1/2 ins. tall and 27 lbs, as of this month.

I look forward to more blog updates and pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

Carolyn and Henry too.