Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Settling In

Well, I found some computer time before the boys wake up. We had a couple of days of sleep difficulties as expected. It is hard to make that 10 hour time difference transition. Both boys slept from 9pm until now-yeah! Maybe we are getting on track. Daniyar has been great, laughing a lot and often silly. He even knows how to cross his eyes and then laughs out loud when you respond. He is singing a lot and does silly dances. Of course, he also seems to have a temper when he doesn't get his way, the rolling on the floor kicking and screaming type tantrums but they are short. I seem to remember Mom saying I did that as a little one. Collin was never a tantrum thrower so I'm sure I was due a child that has some. Collin has been a big helper, pushing Daniyar on the swing and making him laugh. I am so proud of how grown-up he has been. He even shares his toys well. He went to school yesterday telling everyone, "I have a little brother now!" We went to Kings Island amusement park for a few hours Sunday. The boys loved to ride together. I'm having trouble getting the computer to read my camera card so I'll get Ed to add the pics later. Jacqueline

2 comments:

Kara said...

J--as someone who does indeed have a child who did little else than throw temper tantrums for 2 years straight, just know it gets better! It actually gets to the point where you are able to smile and chuckle a little bit when you witness how passionate they are about what they want. And, now having a 5-year old, his passion has turned into sheer determination about things, so it was more than worth the couple of exhausting tantrum years! :) I am so excited and thrilled for your family. Hope the sleep patterns even out soon! --K

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Sorry we are late with the "Welcome Home", but "Welcome Home!!!!!" Oh my, reading your story brought back memories. Max didn't sleep a wink from Almaty to Detroit, and then melted down inconsolably while we sat and sat through a delay on the tarmac at Detroit Metro, as we prepared to fly home to Cincinnati. Everyone on the plane lost a bit of their hearing that night! It makes me consider driving home from Detroit for our second adoption when the time comes! :-) We are so thrilled to have another Kaz beauty in Ohio, and we are so happy for you all. Can't wait to see more pics!

Best to you all,

Karen, Glenn and Max.